LONG GUN CLASSES
Select a section to view class descriptions:
- Illinois Concealed Carry Classes
- Handgun Classes
- Long Gun Classes
- Youth Classes
- Private Lessons
- Specialty Classes
AR-15 Stage I
Introduction to the AR Platform (Four-Hours)
- Operational Characteristics
- Nomenclature & Notable Features
- Gas-Drive System
- Organic Sighting Systems
- Set “Mechanical” Zero
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Carry/Ready/Shooting Positions
- Admin/Tactical/Speed Reloading
- Tactical Gear & Equipment
Students are required to bring their own personal AR platform and one (1) empty magazine to class. This is a fast-paced, information-packed course that involves presentation, demonstration, and practical application. This is a 4-hour class.
AR-15 Stage II
Beginner-Level to the AR Platform (Four-Hours)
- “True” Zero Table Shoot
- Weapon Disassembly
- Weapon Cleaning & Lubrication
- Weapon Reassembly
- Weapon Function Checks
- AR Malfunctions
- AR Malfunctions Immediate/Remedial Action
Students are required to bring their own personal AR platform, one (1) empty magazine, and 40-rounds of ammunition to class. This is a fast-paced, information-packed course that involves a table-zero familiarization shoot, presentation, demonstration, and practical application. This is a 4-hour class.
Intro to the Defensive Shotguns – 3 Hours $125
(Maximum 6 Participants)
A shotgun is the most versatile firearm platform you can own. Assorted configurations, interchangeable barrels, and multiple ammo choices make it a firearm you shouldn’t be without. Learn what to look for and how to avoid falling for the myths surrounding shotguns. Discover how adding this one simple firearm to your collection will open a world of shooting sport options, from hunting to home defense – the shotgun can do it all!
- You must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid FOID card
- Ammunition will be provided by NorthShore Sports – Crystal Lake but you are encouraged to bring your own shotgun.
- Wear proper shooting attire (crew neck shirt and closed toe, high traction shoes) for range portion of class
- Bring a great learning attitude!
“MSR (Modern Sporting Rifle) Skills & Drills” – $100
Following a safety briefing and mission plan, this high-velocity training event will challenge the shooter as they codify “up” drills, engage multiple targets while shooting on the move, and utilize various carry, ready, and shooting positions. In addition, shooters will learn, and hone skill sets such as controls manipulation, tactical reloads, speed reloads, foot movement, and weak-side engagement just to name a few. Not for the faint of heart, “Skills and Drills” is designed to expand the shooter’s speed, accuracy, and safe firearm handling while transcending to a higher level of tactical long gun familiarity. This advanced class is ideal for the AR, AK, M1A, Tavor, and other military “style” long guns seeking a challenging yet enjoyable evening of fire and maneuver drills.
Note: NO TWO CLASSES ARE THE SAME … EACH CLASS CONTAINS DIFFERING DRILLS & PATTERNS OF BEHAVIOR!
- You must be 18 and possess a valid FOID card.
- You must be a graduate of the NorthShore Sports – Crystal Lake “AR Stage I & Stage II” classes.
- You must provide your personal MSR, 4 magazines, and 150 rounds of appropriate ammunition.
- Bring a 2-point sling attached to your long gun.
- Bring eye and ear protection.
- Wear proper shooting attire (trousers and high traction, closed toe footwear).